Friday, January 11, 2019

Family is my Happy Place

About Me

My name is Stephanie and I married my high school sweetheart.  We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary a few months ago.  We have 4 children that are practically raised, ages 24, 22, 20, and 18.  I enjoy singing, playing sports, Zumba, camping, being outside, traveling, serving others, and meeting new people.  I am a Christian and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I went back to college to get my degree in Marriage and Family Studies.  The journey has been both frightening and empowering.  I am discovering that I can do hard things. 

I built my life around my children and now I am learning how to let them go.  I am a survivor of babies, toddlers, and teenagers.  I have loved my journey with these people, even with the tears and heartache along the way.  I am now adjusting to being an empty-nester, it is a challenge.  I miss these amazing people that I helped create.  I am excited for each of my children to spread their wings, but find myself mourning the good old days.   The purpose of this blog is to share a few things I am learning through research and classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Divorce

Divorce is a word that can trigger many emotions both personally and intellectually.   Divorce has probably affected every person and ever...